01 June 2008

days four and five: vv and spooky

Are we tired of the "day" titles yet? Might switch that up here... It's the weekend. How do we celebrate that here at egs? With more classes. v's Lyotard continues to delight in depths of libidinal gaming. Food is fine, weather is -- bleak, actually. Cloudy, cold and rainy. And I have unfortunately developed a cold, and/or am reacting to the beautiful flowering hills and the comfy feather pillows. But what would any experience with akb be without coughing and kleenex? How would anyone ever find me in a crowd? Okay, maybe my notable pate, but what if I'm surrounded by tall men? Hmmm... I might stifle that cough after all... I'm not in terrible peril!

Anyhow, class was great. On the last day, students requested signed copies of v's notes and mobius strips. These will surely be worth serious cash -- watch ebay.


In other excitement, we had entertainment for two nights! On Saturday, Josh and I made our way to Happy Bar for the first time. DJ Spooky (that subliminal kid, aka Paul D. Miller). Very hip.

Sunday began our nightly speakers, commenced nicely by Barbara Hammer with a showing of her film Resisting Paradise, which considers the relationship between art and war, and our responsibilities therein. Had the dvd not skipped out at the penultimate scene (and not been restarted), I would have been slightly happier. As it was, the interweaving of stories of Matisse and refugees from atrocities of WWII was intriguing. And the next morning, I ate breakfast with Barbara and her partner, further discussing these themes, as well as war atrocities against women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you in the blogging nation. It's fun, and all of the cool kids are doing it. And yeah, you're cool!